Sunday 22 September 2013

Because life is one big treasure hunt - Part 2

 


Circa. 1900's and originally found looking rather rusty and tired I set about cleaning and restoring these little iron furniture and jewellery box keys to its natural beauty. You will notice that I have not painted over the metal as this loses the antique quality of the key - I wanted to retain the rustic feel. The key is strung on a luxurious piece of velvet ribbon in a dusky rose colour and finished off with a lovely little bunch of cotton lace bound forget me-not flowers. This is a really pretty summer necklace full of charm and character - no two keys are the same it is truly one of a kind!




Perfect for weddings, as a keepsake, home décor and more
 
Further details can be found in my etsy shop listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/156155845/forgotten-dreams-upcycled-english?ref=shop_home_active

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment